I have definitely struggled with getting makeup sponges to look perfectly clean, but then I discovered this method! It is so incredibly easy & effective!
Here are my filthy makeup sponges! As you can see the black one is a BeautyBlender Pro and the mini pink, green and orange ones (I promise you’ll be able to see the colours better after they’re cleaned) are the mini blender sponges from Primark that I have reviewed before.
What you’ll need: a dish, dish washing liquid, olive oil.
- Put 2 parts dish washing liquid and 1 part olive oil into a dish.
- Press your dirty sponge into the mixture repeatedly until the sponge begins to absorb it.
- Gently massage the mixture into the sponge.
- Rinse while continuously squeezing the sponge under a warm flowing tap.
- Keep on rinsing until there are absolutely no suds left
in the sponge (this might take a few minutes!)
- Squeeze out as much water from the sponge as
possible and leave to dry on a towel or some kitchen paper
Enjoy your spotlessly clean sponges!